PRP is an abbreviation for platelet-rich plasma. This is the basis for an advanced anti-aging treatment used by medical professionals all over the world. The procedure repairs injured or damaged tissues throughout the body. The treatment is minimally-invasive and very effective. The growth factors contained in the PRP trigger the process of regeneration in the body. Since the PRP used during the procedure comes from the individual, the chance of an allergic reaction and the risk of rejecting the platelets has been eliminated. PRP treatment has been attracting a lot of attention recently regarding the uses for skin rejuvenation. When the growth factors contained in PRP are injected into the skin, the result is the rejuvenation of the skin in the treated areas. PRP treatment for natural skin rejuvenation have been shown to be effective.
The growth factors can be applied topically as well to trigger the rejuvenation of your skin. This increases your production of new collagen while improving the appearance of your skin. The PRP treatment enhances the growth of new cells in your skin which lasts anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Filler treatments and other injectables break down as time passes. PRP treatment, however, lasts for a much longer period of time. This is generally between eighteen months and two years. Your improvements will continue for three to six months after your treatment. It is important to avoid direct heat for approximately 24 hours after your procedure. This includes sun exposure, steam rooms, strenuous exercising, blow dryers, saunas and extremely hot showers. If you choose, you can apply your cosmetics right after the procedure.
Platelet-rich plasma has become one of the most popular treatments for diminishing the look of circles beneath the eyes, scars, and wrinkles. This treatment is currently being called the liquid facelift due to the effectiveness of the PRP skin rejuvenation. The procedure begins when the PRP is strategically injected into your face. This is what triggers the regeneration and rejuvenation of your skin. Your elastin and collagen production will increase providing your face with a more youthful appearance. Your skin will have a better texture, appear plumper, and increase in volume. This is due to the increase in your collagen production and the growth of new skin cells.
The reason your skin continually looks better as time passes is because new cell growth often requires months. Another common issue is dark circles beneath the eyes. The PRP treatment for skin rejuvenation stimulates the skin in this area over time. Your skin will then start to regenerate. During this time, platelet-rich plasma will be scouring your skin, growing new and healthy skin and helping significantly diminish the dark circles beneath your eyes. If this is your only skin issue, you should not require more than one treatment. It is important to understand the resiliency of your body regarding the healing process. Sometimes your body does not require any assistance for healing. At other times your blood flow is reduced and help is necessary. The best examples are the wrinkles and loose skin around the mouth, the translucency on the hands and skin around the eyes with sun damage.
PRP treatment is able to repair your cells by using the platelet-rich plasma from your blood. This process has revolutionized the treatment for both skin damage and skin aging. In the past, the same procedure was used by oral surgeons to promote the process of healing for maxillofacial and oral reconstructive surgeries. This procedure is also practiced by plastic surgeons for increasing the rate of healing after surgery. During the last ten years, platelet-rich plasma has become popular for the regeneration of the skin of the upper lip, neck, mouth, jawbone, smoker’s lines, and beneath the chin and eyes. The majority of your blood is liquid plasma. There are also platelets and white and red blood cells. In addition to helping your blood to form clots, platelets help your body heal injuries due to the numerous growth factors.
The best way to use the platelets in your blood for rejuvenation is by having a sample of your blood drawn. Your blood is then spun at an extremely high speed in a centrifuge machine. This separates the platelet-rich plasma from your blood. Once your PRP has been obtained, there are several different uses. PRP contains vital growth factors and concentrated platelets. The most critical portion of the treatment are your platelets. This is because they contain signaling and bioactive proteins in addition to the growth factors.
The healing or bioactive proteins are necessary for the regeneration and repair of your tissues. Your stem cells are called by the signaling proteins to the area requiring help in regenerating your tissues. The results of the PRP treatment for natural skin rejuvenation are excellent and last for a long period of time. Platelet-rich plasma offers numerous advantages such as increasing your production of collagen, the regeneration of connective tissues, tightening your skin, and rejuvenating the thickness. Some of the most common reasons for having this treatment are sagging or wrinkling of the hands, chest area, cheeks, neck, chin, and eyes. The cells in your body are activated by the growth factors. Your cells then make preparations for the healing process by producing new collagen and generating new capillaries.
Once your production of collagen has been increased, the improvements will continue as time passes. This is because your body’s supply of collagen is being rebuilt. If you are concerned about a lot of damage from the sun or premature wrinkles, chances are good your have tried to achieve a fresher appearance and improved tone to your skin with other procedures and been unsuccessful. This treatment may be the ideal solution for your needs. It is important to note if you have a history of clotting or bleeding disorders or blood diseases, you need to speak with a medical professional prior to having this treatment.
The PRP Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation
The treatment is minimally-invasive, simple and only requires around 60 minutes to complete. A very small amount of blood is necessary to obtain enough platelets for the procedure. An activation agent is added when your platelets are separated from your blood to help ensure your platelets will not disperse. This enables the majority of the healing to be focused on a targeted area. Your platelets are then placed into a syringe. The injection is targeted into the area you want to start the regeneration process for your skin and to smooth out wrinkles. You can have the procedure performed on more than one area during your session. The procedure is performed using numerous different steps. These are as follows.
- Your first step is scheduling your consultation. Once you have been approved for the treatment, you will make an appointment to have the procedure.
- Once you have completed your paperwork, your skin may be numbed prior to having your blood drawn. The entire process only requires a few minutes. This is just like having your blood taken at a doctors office.
- Your blood will be taken to the centrifuge to be spun. The platelet solution is then separated from your blood.
- Your platelet solution is then given to the medical professional performing your procedure. A syringe is used to contain your platelets for application on your skin.
- Prior to your treatment, your skin will be cleaned thoroughly to make certain no residue is left. During this time, the numbing solution finishes numbing your skin.
- The next step is the application of your platelet solution to your face.
- You will most likely see some redness on your skin after your treatment. This is a normal reaction and should fade away almost completely within 24 hours. Any remaining redness will gone gone within the next day or two.
- It is extremely important that you follow the instructions you will be given for after your treatment. This may include the best types of skin care products to use. You additionally need to avoid all products with a retinol base, exfoliating, and direct sunlight.
- You should start to see your results after just one session. Two to three treatments are recommended for optimal results. Your sessions should be scheduled every six to eight weeks.
Before you have each treatment, it is important to drink a lot of water because your blood will be drawn. If you have an infectious disease, a cold or the flu, you will have to postpone your treatment. This procedure is not appropriate if you have a skin disease, chemotherapy treatments, cancer, blood disorders, severe metabolic disorders, anticoagulation therapy, chronic liver pathology or have used steroids in the two weeks prior to your procedure. You need to stop using oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin and Aspirin three to seven days prior to your treatment.
The Benefits of PRP Rejuvenation
- The treatment stimulates your production of elastin and collagen. This is what tightens and thickens your skin to smooth fine lines and wrinkles effectively. This leads to an improvement in the overall tone and texture of your skin. This is an excellent option if you have acne or rosacea.
- Numerous types of skin rejuvenation mean a lengthy recovery period. This includes laser surgery, deep chemical peels and facelifts. This procedure is simple, requires no downtime and enables you to resume your life right after your session concludes.
- Your platelets provide an exceptionally good way to target areas very difficult to treat with the majority of procedures currently available. A good example is the delicate skin beneath your eyes. This is generally where the aging process is noticed first. It is not possible to use a laser in this area.
- Numerous individuals think of platelet rich plasma as a kind of natural cosmetic injectable. No foreign ingredients are necessary in the platelet solution because your plasma uses natural elements. The basis of this procedure is the small blood sample taken prior to your treatment. After being quickly spun in the centrifuge for about five minutes, your plasma will be separated from your blood particles. Your platelet rich plasma is then injected into the area being targeted for the stimulation of your elastin and collagen production.
- Any possible risk of either plasma or platelet rejection or allergic reaction has been completely eliminated. this is because the only thing being used is your own blood. This will not cause a negative reaction in your body.
- Your results will last for a long period of time. You need to be patient for about three or four weeks. This is when your benefits will start to become significant. In most cases after the recommended series of treatments has been completed, the results last for 12 to 18 months.
If you are interested in a PRP treatment for natural skin rejuvenation, feel free to visit Rejuvenate Med Spa in Oak Brook. Click here to see Rejuvenate Med Spa reviews. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!