Facials offer a multitude of benefits to suit various preferences and needs. For some, facials provide a luxurious and soothing experience, promoting relaxation and pampering. Others prioritize facials to target specific skincare concerns and achieve noticeable improvements.
Whether you seek a tranquil escape or targeted skincare solutions, facials can cater to your unique preferences. Understanding the different purposes and outcomes of facials can help you make informed decisions about the type of treatment that aligns with your goals.
At Rejuvenate Med Spa in Oak Brook, we prioritize your individual needs above all else. Our treatments are meticulously designed to deliver results by targeting the underlying causes of common skin concerns such as sun damage, hyperpigmentation, signs of aging, and acne.
In this article, our professional medical esthetics team has created an informative index that explores the difference between medical-grade facials and spa facials, empowering you on your skincare journey.
Medical Grade vs Spa Facial
Spa facials are administered by estheticians utilizing a blend of traditional and modern techniques to exfoliate, soothe, and hydrate your skin.
With the use of botanical serums, exfoliants, oils, and lotions, these facials gently address the surface layers of your skin, leaving it refreshed and glowing. The experience is often enhanced with an upper body massage, providing relaxation and pampering.
On the other hand, medical-grade facials take skincare to a deeper level. These specialized facials are performed by dermatologists or trained medical estheticians with access to advanced clinic-grade solutions.
By targeting the deeper layers of your skin, including the dermis, medical-grade facials can effectively address concerns such as sun damage, pigmentation, acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles, and overall texture.
The treatment begins with a thorough analysis of your skin and specific concerns, followed by a customized plan using physician-developed, medical-grade skincare products. The result is a highly effective facial treatment with visible and long-lasting effects.
Some common examples of medical-grade facials include:
Chemical Peels, Diamond Glow Microdermabrasion, Dermaplaning, Microneedling, and Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling.
5 Must-Know Medical Grade Facials at Rejuvenate
- Chemical peels are designed to quickly and effectively revitalize and brighten your skin. These treatments gently peel off dead skin cells (top layer of skin) using medical-grade products to reveal fresh and radiant skin- giving you a smoother complexion.
Our peels are customizable and effective in addressing multiple skin concerns, such as fine lines, improving skin tone and texture, acne breakout, and acne scars, and reducing pigmentation. While mild redness may occur, especially for those with sensitive skin, the result is a dewy and luminous glow that will leave you feeling confident and refreshed.
- Diamond Dermabrasion Facial is a multi-step treatment that cleanses, exfoliates, and unclogs pores. With advanced vacuum technology and a diamond-tipped handpiece for hygienic purposes, it instantly improves skin texture and reduces the appearance of large pores.
Customizable for different skin types and concerns, it delivers nourishing antioxidants and hydrating serums to rejuvenate and refresh your complexion.
- Dermaplaning offers several benefits. Firstly, it effectively exfoliates the skin, sloughing off the outermost layer of dead skin cells that can contribute to a dull, uneven complexion. By removing this buildup, dermaplaning reveals fresher, more radiant skin underneath.
Plus, this treatment is safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Microneedling: involves using a device called SkinPen® to create tiny, controlled micro-injuries to the skin. These micro-injuries stimulate the body’s natural healing process, promoting collagen production and skin rejuvenation.
The microneedling device consists of multiple fine needles that penetrate the skin at the mid-dermis layer, targeting skin concerns at a deeper level compared to spa facials, chemical peels, and diamond dermabrasion. This treatment is safe for all Fitzpatrick skin types and suited to treatment regardless of season.
- RF Microneedling: Virtue RF precisely targets the layers responsible for collagen production and elastin remodeling. The accompanying radiofrequency energy stimulates these areas, leading to noticeable skin tightening and improvements in texture, tone, overall complexion, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH).
Why Choose a Medical-Grade Facial?
Our clinic adheres to strict regulations, ensuring your safety and peace of mind. With a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and medical aestheticians, we follow a standardized protocol to achieve your desired aesthetic and therapeutic outcomes using the most advanced devices and techniques available.
Recognizing the uniqueness of each individual’s skincare journey, we take pride in offering personalized treatment plans tailored to your specific needs and goals. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we strive to deliver exceptional results that exceed your expectations.
Key features of medical-grade facials:
- Facial protocols are determined by our Medical Director
- Personalized treatment plan with targeted recommendations
- Guidance on proper home care beyond treatments
- Commitment to your long-term success and continuous improvement
Start Your Unique Skincare Journey with Rejuvenate Med Spa
Discover the unparalleled level of service and attention to detail provided by our esteemed team of treatment designers.
Book your consultation now and experience firsthand the personalized care and expertise that sets us apart. Let us guide you toward achieving your skincare goals with precision and compassion.