Laser skin tightening is a no-downtime procedure that is very effective at improving your facial skin tone and decreasing fine lines and wrinkles. The treatment also can help reduce scarring from acne.
At Rejuvenate Med Spa in Oak Brook, Illinois, we use the Cynosure Icon Laser, which works to tighten the fibrous portion of the skin and offers great results. To learn more about laser skin tightening, or to make an appointment, contact Rejuvenate Med Spa today.
Why Laser Skin Tightening?
These laser skin tightening procedures have grown in popularity because they offer nonsurgical alternatives to correct skin laxity and improve skin quality.
Am I A Candidate?
You can likely benefit from laser skin tightening if:
- The skin on your face, neck, abdomen or arms is looser than you want it to be.
- You have skin laxity from an operation.
- You want to improve skin quality.
- Cannot, or don’t want, to undergo surgery.
Most laser skin tightening procedures produce results lasting an average of one to three years. You may need follow-up procedures to keep optimal results.
At Rejuvenate Med Spa, our medical team will consult with you about your aesthetic goals and needs, what you can expect from this procedure and how many treatments you will need.
A major benefit of laser skin tightening procedures is they carry little to no recovery time. Most people can return to full activity right after their treatment.
You are likely to see immediate improvement to your skin, but remember that results will continue to appear over the next two to six months. That’s because new collagen builds naturally over time.
You should see results become more apparent in two or three months. Some see continued contouring for up to six months as new collagen continues to form. Every patient is different and results can vary.
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, laser skin tightening, like all procedures, has it pros and cons.
Pros of this procedure are:
- It’s noninvasive and nonsurgical, but tightens your facial and/or body skin.
- No incisions are used. That means there is little discomfort and downtime.
- It can be performed on all types of skin.
Some potential drawbacks to laser skin tightening are:
- Final results are not as extensive as results gained from plastic surgery.
- A number of treatments are usually required to obtain the best results.
- You may have red skin and temporary swelling around the treatment area.
At Rejuvenate Med Spa, our team of medical professionals will explain the pros and cons of your procedure to you before treatment begins.
Doctor Robert Marshall is Rejuvenate’s medical director and has helped thousands of patients during his career. He has experience in both facial and body procedures and stays current on the latest medical trends and techniques.
If you are looking to tighten loose, aging skin, and want to once again feel confident about your appearance, contact Rejuvenate Med Spa today to learn if laser skin tightening can help you.