The results are in.
Whether through case studies or research, Ultherapy is an excellent option for skin tightening.
With no surgical cuts and little to zero downtime, Ultherapy is perfect if you want to avoid surgery but still get the desired effects of firmer, tighter, and healthier-looking skin.
At Rejuvenate Med Spa, located in Oak Brook, Illinois, we offer Ultherapy as your effective and science-backed solution to skin laxity, wrinkles, fine lines, etc. Our dedicated and professional team is here to usher you into your more confident and refreshed version with natural-looking results.
In this blog post, we’ll answer your Ultherapy-related questions, such as what Ultherapy is, how it works and what to expect before and after treatment.
Let’s dive in.
What is Ultherapy?
Ultherapy is a non-invasive procedure that uses focused ultrasound technology for treatment.
Regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Ultherapy is a multifaceted treatment targeting different body areas, not just the face. With results lasting for a year or more, it provides you with all the benefits of skin rejuvenation without having to go under the knife.
In addition, this procedure requires minimal to no downtime, allowing you to return to your regular activities immediately afterwards.
Although primarily for skin tightening, Ultherapy also works to improve skin texture. But how exactly does Ultherapy work?
How Does Ultherapy Work?
Ultherapy relies on heat energy to achieve its effects. Using ultrasound technology to generate electromagnetic waves, this application of heat causes the contraction of collagen fibers within the deeper skin layers. In addition, it also stimulates the production of new collagen and blood vessels, leading to the lifting of loose skin.
The overall result is skin tightening with the added reduction of wrinkles and fine lines.
This method also ensures gradual, realistic results that develop over time, avoiding the overly ‘pulled’ or artificial look.
Due to its varying available frequencies, this treatment can be customized for your personal needs, for example, textural versus laxity concerns.
What Ultherapy Does
There are many benefits to Ultherapy. Here are examples:
- Skin tightening: As its most common use, Ultherapy tightens loose skin, especially on the face and neck.
- Facelift: Ultherapy helps to achieve an overall more youthful and rejuvenated appearance without the need for surgical intervention, making it an attractive option for individuals seeking natural-looking results and minimal downtime.
- Jawline definition: It helps to reduce the appearance of jowls and enhance the jawline.
- Wrinkle and fine line reduction: This treatment reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines to give you a smoother look.
- Brow lift: It helps to create a refreshed look for the eyes by non-surgically lifting the eyebrows.
- Overall skin texture: Overall, Ultherapy helps to achieve a smoother and more youthful skin texture.
Kindly note that this is purely for informational purposes. Treatment will depend on various factors such as your goals, overall health, risk profile, etc.
During your consultation, our medical professionals will determine the best course of action (and alternatives) for the outcome you want.
How Long Will Ultherapy Results Last?
While you may immediately see results after Ultherapy, most of the effects are noticed over the first few weeks to months. This is because new collagen production continues, leading to a renewed skin tightening and lifting effect. And so, results get even better over time.
Your age is the most significant factor affecting how long the results of your treatment will last. Other factors include depth of treatment, hydration, diet, adherence to post-treatment instructions and so on.
Full results of Ultherapy are usually visible around 6 months following treatment, and you will continue to see improvement up to 12 months post-treatment.
What To Do Before Ultherapy
Prior to treatment, we’d recommend the following.
- Blood thinning medication and dietary supplements should be avoided before your treatment. If you’re taking any medications, discuss during your consultation.
- Retinol, salicylic acid, and glycolic acid should be avoided before your treatment.
- Direct sun exposure should be avoided for 3 – 5 days before treatment.
- If you have a skin infection on the day of your treatment, you may need to reschedule your appointment.
- Removing hair from the area being treated will also enhance the results you achieve during your treatment.
It’s also very important to ask the right questions during your consultation. This is a list of questions to ask in a skin tightening consultation.
What Expect After Ultherapy
Following your treatment, you might notice an immediate skin-tightening effect at the site. You might also experience slight redness, swelling and/or tingling. These are perfectly normal and should wear out in a short time.
Here are other things to note during the post-treatment phase:
- Avoid sun exposure.
- If you cannot avoid sun exposure, it is recommended that you use SPF 30 or SPF 50 sunscreen on your skin.
- Avoid using blood thinning medication and supplements.
- Retinol, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid should also be avoided.
- Avoid excessive sweating caused by hot tubs and saunas.
- These precautions are there to protect your skin and should be in place for at least 5 days after your Ultherapy treatment.
Get Your Complimentary Consultation at Rejuvenate Med Spa
Ultherapy is a remarkable non-surgical option for skin rejuvenation and tightening. This safe approach allows you to enhance your self-confidence and embrace a more refreshed version of yourself.
You can check here for other FAQs on Ultherapy.
Whether you’re ready to embark on a full treatment with us or you still have some questions you’d like answered, chat with us to discuss your potential options. Our team of experts will help you make a fully informed decision.
We’re excited to speak with you.
Note that this blog is purely for educational purposes. During your consultation, you can get more personalized details and clarification.